ICC World Cup 2019, England and Wales: New Zealand announced 15 man squad led by Ken Williamson – as is the ICC World Cup 2019 and the teams are getting ready. Hunting for 15-man squad has started ahead of the biggest title. Meanwhile, New Zealand has announced a 15-man squad for the ICC World Cup 2019, which is to be played in England and Wales.
Wicketkeeper Tom Blundell had a surprising selection in New Zealand’s 15-man squad for the one-day cricket World Cup later this year, despite that he had never played the format internationally.
New Zealand opted for experience in the 15-man squad named for the Cricket World Cup this year, in which Rocky Tom Blundell was included as the only real surprise in the back-up wicket-keeper. Black Caps hopes that they will leave their tag as a brave loss and claim to win the title six times in the semi-final, and Australia will face a huge defeat in its only appearance in the final four years. New Zealand is currently third in the one-day rankings after England and India.
Estel is a much stronger batsman, but Sodhi is considered to be a more aggressive bowler, and he took 24 wickets at 21.17 in his last three first-class games in March. James Neesham and Colin de Grandhomé were named as all-rounders, while four frontline fast bowlers Trent Boult, Tim Southey, Lucky Ferguson and Matt Henry were never in doubt.
Taylor, who is playing his fourth World Cup for Kiwi, reminded of his school days and told that anything can be achieved through hard work and determination.
“It is a pretty exciting time to be going to my fourth [ICC Cricket World Cup] and going to Henry’s [Nicholls] first. Just goes to show what could happen with a bit of hard work and determination. Exciting times for the whole team and also the country. Couldn’t think of a better place to come to a nice country school here [for the announcement],” Taylor said.
“On coming from a small country school, you get opportunities, but at the same time, you will have to step up. [This shows] If you come from a small place, you can succeed like yourself and Henry and other boys, that you can come from wherever you want.
New Zealand Announces 15-Man Squad
Kane Williamson (capt), Tom Blundell, Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor
The full schedule of New Zealand at the ICC World Cup 2019
- New Zealand versus Sri Lanka (1st June 2019)- The Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- New Zealand versus Bangladesh (5th June 2019)- The Oval, London
- New Zealand versus Afghanistan (8th June 2019)- The County Ground, Bristol
- New Zealand versus India (13th June 2019)- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- New Zealand versus South Africa (19th June 2019)- Edgbaston, Birmingham
- New Zealand versus West Indies (22nd June 2019)- Old Trafford, Manchester
- New Zealand versus Pakistan (26th June 2019)- Edgbaston, Birmingham
- New Zealand versus Australia (29th June 2019)- Lords, London
- New Zealand versus England (3rd July 2019)- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-street