IPL 2019, RR vs KXIP Team Predicted Playing 11 for Today Match LIVE Updates: Rajasthan Royals clash with Kings XI Punjab in their first match of the IPL 2019 season.
Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab Game Details
Date: Monday, March 25, 2019
Time: 08:00 PM IST
Venue: Sawai Man Singh Stadium, Jaipur
After the two years in limbo owing to the team’s suspension, a grand return was expected from Rajasthan Royals in 2018. But, again, they flattered to deceive. Will 2019 be the start of a new narrative? For starters, they have decided to go pink in a bid to embrace the traditional color of the city they are based out of. But for their cricketing health to mirror the same hue throughout the 2019 journey they need to correct a few wrongs.
Despite some headline-grabbing performances on occasions, the lack of consistency reflected in their scoreline as they finished with seven wins and seven losses, scraping through to the playoffs but failing to last the distance.
Head to head
Total – 17
KXIP – 07
Ground Stats IPL
Total Matches- 40
Matches won batting first- 14
Matches won bowling first- 26
Average 1st Inns scores- 156
Average 2nd Inns scores- 142
Highest total recorded- 197/1 (20 Ov) by RR vs RCB
Lowest total recorded- 92/10 (18.2 Ov) by MI vs RR
Highest score chased- 197/5 (19.4 Ov) by RR vs DCG
Lowest score defended- 151/7 (20 Ov) by SRH vs RR
The biggest draws – Ben Stokes and Jaydev Unadkat – did not do justice to their price-tags while their skipper Ajinkya Rahane wasn’t able to force the pace both with the bat and his tactics on the field. Royals will hope for the trio to turn their fortunes around this time so that they can make a winning start to the campaign on Monday (March 25).
Playing XI Team Squad of Rajasthan Royal and Kings Xi Punjab
Kings XI Punjab IPL 2019 Team: Chris Gayle, Lokesh Rahul(w), Mayank Agarwal, Karun Nair, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Nicholas Pooran, Andrew Tye, Moises Henriques, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Sam Curran, Mohammed Shami, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Varun Chakravarthy, Murugan Ashwin, Simran Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, Ankit Rajpoot, Hardus Viljoen, Arshdeep Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Agnivesh Ayachi, Harpreet Brar
Rajasthan Royals IPL 2019 Team: Ajinkya Rahane(c), Steven Smith, Jos Buttler(w), Sanju Samson, Rahul Tripathi, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Stuart Binny, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni, Ish Sodhi, Varun Aaron, Krishnappa Gowtham, Shashank Singh, Liam Livingstone, Shubham Ranjane, Ashton Turner, Riyan Parag, Mahipal Lomror, Oshane Thomas, Sudhesan Midhun, Aryaman Birla, Manan Vohra, Prashant Chopra
Here are five players to watch out for in Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab Match, IPL 2019 clash:
1) KL Rahul – Rahul was the top-scorer for Kings XI Punjab last season with 659 runs from 14 matches at an impressive average of 54.91. With Gayle on the other end, Rahul gets the freedoms he likes at the top and can be lethal with the willow on his day. He will have to be on top of his game if KXIP is to fancy their chances against Rajasthan, who have a strong pace bowling attack.
2) Steve Smith – Returning to the IPL fold after a gap of one year, all eyes will be on Smith when he takes the field at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur. He last played for Rajasthan Royals in 2015 amassing 293 runs in 14 games. He represented Rising Pune Supergiants for a couple of seasons when the Royals were banned. Smith will be looking to get on a redemption journey with the Royals as he eyes a spot in Australia’s World Cup squad.
3) Jos Buttler – Buttler was instrumental in helping Rajasthan reach the playoffs last season as he notched up over 500 runs in what was a stellar campaign for him with the bat. He amassed 548 runs in 13 games at a brilliant average of 54.80 and a strike rate of 155.24 including five fifties. He will be looking to continue his destructive form this season.
4) Jofra Archer – With 15 wickets in 10 matches, Archer was one of the best pacers in the league last season and will be aiming to replicate his heroics for Rajasthan this season. One of the most exciting all-rounders in the competition, Archer can also be handy with the bat and turn the game around for Rajasthan at crucial junctures.
5) Chris Gayle – The ‘Universe boss’ can never be written off no matter where and when he is playing. One of the most dangerous batsmen in the shortest format of the game, Gayle heads into the IPL 2019 on the back of impressive performances for West Indies in the recently-concluded limited-overs series against England. He scored 368 runs in 11 games for KXIP last season including a hundred and three fifties. The southpaw will once again be aiming to provide strong starts to his side at the top.
|March 25, 2019||8:00 pm||IPL 2019||2019||March 25, Monday|